Flight of the Seabird
Blogging Tunes: Grateful Dead - 1989-10-19 (Philly Spectrum)
Short, hopefully informative, bullet-style update today for y'all...
- Dr. Damon said I'm doing great
- My counts are exactly where the docs want them
- We've decided that Martin is definitely the best option for my second transplant
- a bunch of my current cells (e.g. B and T) are still actually his
- we know my body will accept his cells
- 11 years is pretty darn good -- but let's shoot for 30 this time!
- even though I have potentially hundreds of 12/12 matches, we don't know that my body will accept any of them... we do know about Martin. :)
- Martin and I video-chatted today and he's all in. Here we go marrow.org and DKMS!
- Best case scenario is 2+ more weeks here; achieve remission; go home
Energy and side effects
- Yesterday was probably highest energy day to date (thanks to two pints of blood)
- Starting to fade a bit today... and these next few days aren't supposed to be good
- I'll need platelets tomorrow
- My gut is completely gone
- The discomfort is increasing non-trivially :(
- Not gonna describe the bathroom experience -- you're welcome. (Bob, you're just going to have to use your imagination)
- Was great to see everyone at PTM-LT and LT Company VO review yesterday -- great timing with the blood!
- Eagles suck, but we still love them; great to see you Tripper
- Phils season hangs in the balance of tonight's game (and then tomorrow's if they win tonight....)
- Combo of Benji and Beeks == success
- It's not happening consistently
- Last two nights look something like this
- Sleep from 11:30p to 3:00a
- Watch Netflix from 3:00a to 5:00a
- Sleep from 5:00a to 7:00a