It's absolutely unbelievably awesome that salesforce.com has set this up, and I encourage anyone reading this blog who works in San Francisco to go down to this marrow drive. It's a wonderfully selfless thing to do, and the life you save, could be mine!
I will post another entry tomorrow with an update from my recent UCSF visit.
I will kick its ass,
Start the New Year off right – save a life! That's right, you can save a life and possibly be a match for a salesforce.com employee who needs your help.
In early November an employee was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) and now needs a bone marrow transplant to survive. In an effort to help find a donor, we're hosting a Be The Match Marrow Registry (BTM) drive this week and we NEED you (and any family, friend, neighbor willing to participate) to come out and join the registry. You could be the one to save the life of a patient in desperate need, so PLEASE consider joining!
And remember, this drive is for everyone – you do not need to be a SFDC employee to join the registry – encourage everyone you know to come too!
The more people we get registered the greater the chance of finding a match. It's quick – a little paperwork – a cotton swab swipe of your cheek and BAM, you're done. No blood draw, no needles. You CAN do this. We NEED you to do this. Just imagine how awesome it would be to save a life.
SFDC Employees: Thursday, 1/6/11 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. @ One California, 5th floor, Manoa 2 Conference Room
Unbadged Friends/Family/Public: Thursday, 1/6/11 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. @ One Market Landmark Atrium
To make your experience as quick and easy as possible, please:
1. Review the requirements below to confirm that you are eligible to join.
2. Bring your driver’s license to the drive.
3. Bring the names, phone numbers, mailing addresses and e-mail address of two family members or friends who do not live with you. The BTM registry will contact these people only if you are identified as a potential match for a patient and they cannot reach you.
4. Financial donations will be accepted. If you are unable to join the registry, please consider making a donation of any amount. All donations are tax deductable. Donations are completely voluntary. Checks can be made to: BE THE MATCH FOUNDATION or online at http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/goto/teambayarea Give checks or cash to the Be The match Representative on the day of the marrow drive or to Chuck Gutro.
To join the Registry, all you need is to:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- Be willing to help any patient in need.
- Meet basic health requirements. Specific requirements here: http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Med_Guidelines_Join/index.html
Learn more on the Be The Match You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GMa9BhEpQ&feature=player_profilepage
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!